The Latest News

Catching Up

Ack — I didn’t realize it’s been a MONTH since I’ve blogged! Hexe, our new King Shepherd puppy, has taken up a LOT of time, and I’ve also been insanely busy with revisions and pre-release stuff for Immortal Rider. We’re down to less than a month until Limos and Arik hit the shelves! Woo hoo! VERY excited for this book. I know Eternal Rider was a little hard to get into for a lot of readers, but now that the set-up has been laid out in that book, the others start off faster and with a bang! :grin:

Puppy has settled in well! She’s so damned smart, though we do have a few things we have to work through. She HATES to be brushed. So we’re slowly using positive reinforcement to make it less horrible for her. She’s also obsessed with the cat, and over two weeks later, we’re still trying to get those two to play nice.

Our biggest challenge is socialization. She loves other dogs, but she’s extremely reserved around people, so I’m taking her downtown today to walk around and hopefully get used to being a little more social and teach her that it’s not necessary to bark at people when she’s on a leash.

Other than those things, though, she’s been wonderful! She’s a happy, lovable, playful pup, and yay, she’s housetrained! She had two accidents, but once I taught her to ring a bell on the door with her paw, she figured out how to tell us she wants to go out.

In other news, Amazon finally fixed Immortal Rider’s Kindle edition release date, so it’s back to November 22nd, just like the print book! I’ll also have a cover to show you for Lethal Rider very soon. Unfortunately, I can’t post the blurb until Immortal Rider releases, because it’s a HUGE spoiler!

Also, today I’m over at the Pop Culture Divas blog, talking about staying positive while writing. Not surprisingly (for those who know me,) it includes champagne! :tongue:

12 Responses to “Catching Up”

1. Robin K says:

What a beautiful baby you have! Have you tried a puppy class? They can help with socialization.

• Larissa Ione says:

Thanks, Robin! Yeah, we’re considering a class, but the problem is that we live in such a small town that we’re limited. The next local class doesn’t start until next year. So…in the meantime, we just need to take her lots of places and expose her to lots!

2. Viki says:

What a pretty girl she is.

3. I love that you taught her to ring a bell! How cool is that?

We need more pictures! :D

:grin:

4. Sooooo adorable! I wish I could teach my dog to ring the bell, that’s great! I’m sure she’ll do fine once she’s around people a bit more.

Can’t wait for Arik and Limos!

5. Valerie B says:

beautiful girl…..as an informal trainer I (hope)know she is getting in the mode of living in the house with a cat (my cats are so stubborn, yikes, no envy there). you mentioned earlier involving your son involved the training. hope that is going well

:ninja:

6. Larena Hubble says:

she is a beautiful girl. :grin: I love that you taught her to ring a bell to let you know when she wants to go out. that is so cool. :grin:

7. Pickyme says:

I want to cuddle with her! So pretty! Annndddd ohhh I can not wait until the book comes out! It is released on my baby’s b-day! An extra pressie for Momma! :)

8. Jen says:

9. Jen says:

:tongue: I also recommend having lots of people over to the house to help socialize her! My dog was insecure/shy with people so I took him everywhere I could. Now he’s great when I take him out but he still hates strangers in the house (and you’re a stranger for awhile as far as he’s concerned…). Good luck!

APPEARANCES

New York Comic-Con, Oct. 11th & 12th, 2014

Coastal Magic Convention, Feb. 5th-8th, 2015, Daytona Beach, Fl. For more info: CoastalMagicConvention.com

2015 Tuscon Festival of Books, March 14th – 15th http://tucsonfestivalofbooks.org

NEWSLETTER

Sign up for Larissa’s newsletter to stay informed about her newest releases, contests, appearances, and behind-the-scenes glimpses!

News  ·  Books  ·  Bio  ·  Extras  ·  Contact  ·  Home  ·  Site/copyright