The Latest News

Tempting The Fire Release Day!!!

Shockwaves shoot through the Agency for Covert Rare Operatives (ACRO) when horrific video surfaces from the Brazilian rain forest. A team of Navy SEALs has been nearly wiped out by something sinister and superhuman. Now ACRO agents Sela Kahne and Marlena West head to the world’s most unforgiving jungle in pursuit of a mythical monstrosity with a taste for human blood. And the only path that will take them to the creature runs through two men, each hiding his own dark secret.

Sela is an expert on cryptozoology with a sideline skill that could prove invaluable: when she makes love to a man, she engulfs his innermost thoughts. Teamed with Marlena, Sela makes contact with the lone SEAL survivor, Chance McCormack. Meanwhile Logan Mills, the man who rescued Chance, leads his private company on a hunt that has nothing to do with saving lives. Soon, Sela will put her supernatural charms to work on Logan, determined to extract information about the creature they are seeking. But in this sweat-drenched realm of danger and deception, Logan is more than just a passive target. He has the power to lead a highly-trained seducer into a jungle without any rules, without any limits—and no end to the heat.

Yay! Tempting The Fire has finally released! It's been a year between Croft releases, so it's nice to see this book hit the shelves. I love, love, love this cover — probably my favorite so far.

Now, if you haven't read any of the Croft books, I have to say…I don't recommend starting with this one. It's the fifth in a series of six, so by this point, we're setting up the big finale, so you might be a little lost. I definitely recommend starting with Riding The Storm (book 1) or Unleashing The Storm (book 2.)

Romantic Times magazine gave it 4 stars and says, "A mythical creature, a couple of truly hot guys and sizzling sex make this ACRO (Agency for Covert Rare Operatives) entry a spicy and fabulously entertaining tale. Even the subplot has richly drawn characters and a smartly developed plot." Awesome! :grin:

And for a great reader review of Tempting The Fire, click here

Hope you enjoy!

In other news, I apologize for being so scarce, but want to thank everyone for their support and prayers and positive thoughts. They worked! Things have improved, and though I'm still on the west coast to stay with my parents and help out, we're staying upbeat (and busy.)

I hope to be online more in the coming weeks, though this week is full of deadline hell and doctor appointments. I think once I get home (around mid-August, probably) things should settle down. And with any luck, I'll have some back cover copy and new book covers to show you! :cool:

Hope all is well with everyone, and happy reading!

Hugs!

Larissa

16 Responses to “Tempting The Fire Release Day!!!”

1. Dani from Brazil says:

Hi Larissa,
    I’m so glad things are better!!!
    It’s been too long since the last ACRO book, I need my Creed fix. Can I hope to see him and Annika in Tempting the Fire? Too bad the series is ending, I’m going to miss them.
    PS: it’s fun to read about the Chupacabra legend… It’s not a Brazilian original legend, like the Mula sem Cabeça or the Boto Cor-de-rosa, but it pops up from time to time down here…

2. Lee Laughlin says:

YAY!!! I thought it was Mid August. You just made my day!!

Oh, wait, 5th of 6? Only 6???? I really want more. I LOVE LOVE LOVE this series. It was the Acro series that got me into romance. I’ve read a lot of really great books since I first read Seduced by the Storm, but the ACRO books are by far my favorite. I hope if “Sydney” is willing your publisher will green light more books.

Peace and wellness to you and your family.

3. Viki says:

First – I’m so happy to hear that things are getting better.
    Second – Congratulations on release day of Tempting the Fire. My copy is on it’s way.
    Thank you!

4. happy Release Day! I’m glad things are looking up for you and your family. I will continue to send positive energy your way:)

5. Kim620 says:

What wonderful news that things are looking up for your family.

Congrats on the Acro release…can’t wait to read it.

6. Yvonne says:

So glad things are better. Missed your entries.

7. Willa says:

Great to see you Larissa and to learn that things are going well. :smile:

Congrats on your release . . . still wanting Sin, still wanting Sin! :tongue:

8. Cathy R. says:

All the best on your new release. Glad to hear that things are looking up for you and your family

9. Sherri says:

Congrats on the release.

Glad to hear things are improving {{hugs}}

10. S Powell says:

Happy release day Larissa!

It’s good to hear that things in your life are improving, you deserve the best…Looking forward to much more from you :) HUGS!!!

11. Ilona says:

So glad things are looking beter for you and the icing on the cake is the great cover on your latest release :grin: Really love it, especially the colouring.

12. Reneem1 says:

Congrats Larissa & Stephanie!!!

13. OH I LOVED THIS BOOK!

@Dani: Wait until you get a hold of this book – Creed and Annika – jaw hits the floor right in the start.

I am with you all, I am so sad to know this series is going to end after one more book. It’s an amazing collection!

Larissa: Glad to hear your dad is improving. *hugs*

14. Lea says:

Tempting sounds wonderful Larissa and I’m going to be reading it in the coming days!

((hugs))

I’m glad things are improving with your Dad!

You take extra good care. :smile:

15. Meghan says:

The new book is excellent! I could not put it down! Love this series! I will be so sad to see it end but now I cant wait for the next book. At least its almost time for SIN!
    I’m glad things are looking up for you!

APPEARANCES

Romantic Times Booksigning, Saturday, May 17, 2014, Canal Street Marriott, New Orleans

NEWSLETTER

Sign up for Larissa’s newsletter to stay informed about her newest releases, contests, appearances, and behind-the-scenes glimpses!

News  ·  Books  ·  Bio  ·  Extras  ·  Contact  ·  Home  ·  Site/copyright